Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Page 1 out of 2 Pages
- Why shouldn't I use a bark collar?
Most veterinary behaviorists and animal trainers advocate using positive training methods because they are more effective and humane than negative training.
Added: 2014-01-29 00:46
- Why do some dogs suffer anxiety when away from home?
It is not uncommon for some dogs to thrive at home, only to become rfrightened in new situations.
Added: 2013-12-19 19:40
- Are calming aid tablets safe to give dogs?
Over the counter calming aids that are labeled for use in dogs are generally very safe.
Added: 2013-11-27 17:55
- How do I keep dogs from licking?
While the occasional "kiss" from your pet may be endearing, when dogs obsessively lick people or things, it may be a sign of an underlying condition.
Added: 2013-10-08 18:28
- What causes anxiety in a cat?
Some common situations that can cause a cat to become anxious include: separation from their owners, moving to a new home, a new addition to the family.
Added: 2013-10-08 18:22
- Is there a repellent to keep dogs off furniture?
Most sprays designed to keep dog's off furniture incorporate scents that dogs find unpleasant.
Added: 2013-10-08 18:08
- What is a good prescription tranquilzer for pets when traveling?
Veterinarians can prescribe several different types of sedatives depending on the level of a dog’s anxiety during travel.
Added: 2013-10-03 18:06
- What can the vet give a dog for anxiety?
Anxiety is at the heart of many behavior problems in dogs, including separation anxiety.
Added: 2013-10-03 17:08
- How long until my cat's hyperthyroidism meds make a difference?
Once thyroid hormone levels stabilize within the appropriate range, the cat’s symptoms should begin to noticeably improve within a few weeks.
Added: 2013-10-03 02:03
- When dogs have anxiety do their anal glands stink?
Stress of any type, including anxiety, can cause dogs to express their anal glands.
Added: 2013-10-03 01:44