Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Page 1 out of 3 Pages
- Why is the rabies vaccine important for dogs and cats?
The rabies vaccination is very effective at preventing this disease and should be administered to all dogs and cats.
Added: 2014-01-22 17:20
- How long do dogs live with Cushing's Disease?
The mean life expectancy for a dog with an appropriately treated adrenal tumor is 36 months; for a pituitary tumor, it is 30 months.
Added: 2014-01-08 01:27
- What are some dog breeds that are prone to Cushing's Disease?
Cushing's can affect any breed, but is seen more frequently in Poodles, Dachshunds, Terriers, German Shepherd Dogs, Beagles and Labrador Retrievers.
Added: 2013-12-07 01:24
- Can von Willebrand Disease in Dobermans be fatal?
Von Willebrand’s Disease is an inherited condition found in many breeds of dogs, but usually only causes problems in a few breeds, most notably Doberman Pinschers.
Added: 2013-12-07 01:06
- Can pets get asthma?
Dogs and cats can be affected by respiratory diseases that are similar to asthma in people.
Added: 2013-12-07 01:04
- Can dogs catch the plague?
Dogs and cats are susceptible to the plague, a disease caused by bacteria called Yersinia pestis.
Added: 2013-12-07 01:00
- Why are corticosteroids beneficial for dogs with Addison's Disease?
Addison’s disease develops when a dog’s adrenal glands can no longer produce adequate amounts of two types of hormones – mineralocorticoids and glucocorticoids
Added: 2013-10-03 19:37
- What medications treat hyperthyroidism in cats?
Tapazole, Felimazole, and their generic equivalent, methimazole, are the medications that is most commonly prescribed to treat hyperthyroidism in cats.
Added: 2013-10-03 18:45
- What medications are given to dogs with high blood pressure?
Veterinarians can use several different medications to control high blood pressure in dogs.
Added: 2013-10-03 18:27
- Can a dog have hypothyroidism with inconclusive blood results?
Hypothyroidism can be a tricky disease. What often seems straightforward can become very complicated.
Added: 2013-10-03 18:26