Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How often should I brush my dog's teeth?
Brushing your pet’s teeth daily will help to reduce the plaque that forms on the surface of the teeth before it mineralizes and hardens into tartar.
- Why shouldn't I use a bark collar?
Most veterinary behaviorists and animal trainers advocate using positive training methods because they are more effective and humane than negative training.
- Why should I use a bark collar?
When a dog barks excessively, it is important to determine the cause of the behavior.
- Why is the rabies vaccine important for dogs and ...
The rabies vaccination is very effective at preventing this disease and should be administered to all dogs and cats.
- Why do dogs chew their fur?
Dogs will chew or lick their fur/skin because they are itchy, painful, bored or anxious.
- When does shedding season for dogs begin and end? ...
Shedding in dogs is initiated by the length of daylight, not the temperature.
- When is shedding season for cats?
Cats tend to shed mostly in the spring and fall, with most hair regrowth occurring after each shed cycle.
- When can you tell the sex of kittens?
Being able to tell if a very young kitten is male or female can be difficult, even for veterinary professionals.
- What does it mean when a dog pants excessively? ...
An examination by a veterinarian is the best way to determine if a dog’s panting is normal or abnormal.
- How long do dogs live with Cushing's Disease?
The mean life expectancy for a dog with an appropriately treated adrenal tumor is 36 months; for a pituitary tumor, it is 30 months.