Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What are some dog breeds that are prone to ...
Cushing's can affect any breed, but is seen more frequently in Poodles, Dachshunds, Terriers, German Shepherd Dogs, Beagles and Labrador Retrievers.
- My dog is allergic to flea medications. What else ...
True allergies to flea medications are rare, but sensitivities including hair loss and scratching at the site of application are possible.
- Does the cold weather affect a dog's joint pain? ...
Cold weather does seem to worsen signs of joint pain in dogs and cats, much like humans.
- Does QID mean once every 12 or 24 hours? ...
QID stands for "quarter in die" and means four times daily. Medication should be given approximately every 6 hours.
- Do indoor cats need immunizations?
Indoor cats should be vaccinated because they can be exposed to several infectious diseases even if they never go outside.
- What's the difference between liquid fish oil and capsules ...
Both gel caps and liquids are equally as effective. Gel caps are more stable than liquids, but can be difficult to administer.
- Can von Willebrand Disease in Dobermans be fatal?
Von Willebrand’s Disease is an inherited condition found in many breeds of dogs, but usually only causes problems in a few breeds, most notably Doberman Pinschers.
- Can pets get asthma?
Dogs and cats can be affected by respiratory diseases that are similar to asthma in people.
- Can dogs catch the plague?
Dogs and cats are susceptible to the plague, a disease caused by bacteria called Yersinia pestis.
- How do you keep bot flies away from horses? ...
Strategies for insect control include the removal of feces from the pastures, fly masks, repellants, providing shade/shelter during fly season, and keeping horses inside at peak insect feeding times (dawn and dusk).